Dear Church Family,
Good afternoon! I want to remind us of a verse in Psalm 9:1.
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
God is good, and He is graciously providing for our needs. Let’s be quick to give thanks to the Lord for who He is and all that He does.
For the foreseeable future all activities at the church remain cancelled until further notice.
I just want to take a moment to remind you of all the opportunities we are providing in an endeavor for us to stay connected as a church family:
Sunday morning worship service at 10:30 a.m. (livestream) – We will continue to broadcast the music from a previously recorded service and have a “live” message from God’s Word. We plan to place the music at the beginning of the live stream service in order to duplicate the flow of a normal church service. I want to encourage you to actively participate in these worship services by praying, listening and responding to God’s Word, singing, and giving.
Sunday evening message – We plan to resume our Disciple-Making at Ground Level series this coming Sunday (March 29). These messages will be available on the church website on Sunday afternoons and can be accessed at any time after they are posted.
Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. (livestream) – The pastoral staff is collectively teaching and discussing the current week’s Gospel Project lesson. Please join us by connecting through the church website. We invite your comments and interaction with us via Facebook. By Wednesday afternoon you will receive an email containing an updated prayer bulletin. I want to encourage you to take some time on Wednesday evening as well as other times during the week to uphold one another in prayer.
Teen Time Online at 7:45 p.m. – Immediately following the 7 p.m. livestream, teens will be gathering at 7:45 p.m. via a live Zoom meeting. Information on how to join the meeting will be emailed to all teen parents by Wednesday afternoon.
Children – We are making available a video Bible lesson for all children to view during the livestream on Wednesday evening or at any other time. This lesson will be available on the church website. To access this video please use the following code: BTBCkids
Daily Update – We are posting daily videos on Facebook to keep you encouraged in God’s Word and give you any needed updates.
Senior citizens – I want to remind our senior citizens that if you need someone to run errands for you (grocery store, pharmacy, etc.), we are glad to help. Just call the church office and let us know. We have a group of people who will gladly serve you. If you would like to be a part of the team helping our senior citizens, please contact the church office as well.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials (I Peter 1:3-6).
May we keep our eyes on Christ and eternity!
With much love and prayers,
Dear Church Family,
Rejoice in the Lord always (Philippians 4:4)! In the midst of uncertain times, we can rejoice in God’s amazing grace and love to us!
Here are some ways we plan to use our live streaming in addition to Sunday mornings.
- Wednesday evenings at 7 pm – The Pastoral Staff will be collectively teaching and discussing the current week’s Gospel Project lesson. Please join us by connecting through the church web site, and we invite your comments and interaction with us via Facebook. By Wednesday afternoon you will receive an email containing an updated prayer bulletin. I want to encourage you to take some time on Wednesday evening as well as other times during the week to uphold one another in prayer.
- Teen Time Online at 7:45 pm – Immediately following the 7 pm livestream, all teens will be invited to join a livestream via the church website or Vimeo page for a fun time of encouragement and prayer. This livestream will require a password to access which will be sent to all teen parents via email.
- Children – We will be making available a video Bible lesson for all children to view during the livestream tomorrow night or some other time. This lesson will be available on the church website or Vimeo page and also will require a password to access.
- Daily Update – We will post daily videos on Facebook to keep you encouraged in God’s Word and keep you updated on what we are doing to stay connected during this time.
Click here to watch the video.
Dear Church Family
All services and activities at Burge have been cancelled for this week but will live stream a morning worship service at 10:30 am.
The leadership of Burge Terrace desires to comply with Governor Eric Holcomb’s guidelines of non-essential gatherings being limited to no more than 250 people. Therefore we have made the following decisions:
All services and activities at Burge Terrace Baptist Church have been cancelled through March 28. This includes the following:
- Sunday services
- Sunday school & Adult Bible Study
- Wednesday Truth Trackers, Teen Time & Prayer meeting
- Caleb’s Kin
- Bible studies (men & women)
- Burge Terrace Christian School & Burge Terrace Home Educators
Sunday am services will be livestreamed at 10:30 am. You may access the livestream via Facebook or the website livestream page. We are working on a plan to use livestream on Wednesday evenings as well. Details will be forthcoming. For Sunday evenings we encourage you to go to SermonAudio or the livestream archives and listen to a sermon.
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate updates as circumstances warrant. We plan for the church office to remain open (M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm) 317.862.6109
This is not a time for us as believers to worry or be discouraged. Remember the truth found in Isaiah 41:10.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
God can use these challenging days to further grow us as a church into the likeness of Jesus Christ!
Let me remind you to be faithful in the following areas:
- Time in God’s Word
- Serving (Caring for one another as needs arise.)
- Giving (The expenses of ministry are ongoing whether or not we gather in person. You may give online, or you may use regular mail to give your offering.)